Friday, October 28, 2011

Home Alone

My project manager, Willow, went to get her teeth cleaned yesterday, and I had no idea how empty the house would seem without her. Each movement I took--into my chair, out of it, to the kitchen and back, to the piano and back, outside for a walk, and back--was a reminder of how often I look for her and say little things that sound pretty silly and sad in a house all alone.

I did get a coat of paint on the wall using the rag technique to help give it a glow. I can't say that it does glow now or that I like the color, but I'm moving on--I can always change the paint later.

Who knew how serious a teeth-cleaning could be? She got a full anesthetic, a tube down her through, and she could barely get back into the car late yesterday. Even today she's very groggy and unsure, and I can't imagine that her clean teeth are much compensation.

People sometimes ask me how I can stand to work alone during the day. I didn't know until yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    I've got to make an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I just don't understand why they put us to sleep for teeth cleaning and x-rays and they don't do it to those huge monster horses.

    Course I'm just a dog. What do I know?

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete