Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Holy Place

I've gotten to the point that I don't notice how high up it is. I don't get sick at my stomach with fear any more. My brain doesn't freeze up. I can even stand on the ledge of the balcony. And look down.


The holy grail of leaks starts here in this unlikely space. I look at it with reverence and respect now, knowing that its secrets are profound. Its leaking, legendary.


After much research I finally had a plan of action. If the roofers I called did not have an answer, or if they annoyed me in any way, or if they quoted an exorbitant amount. For any slight reason, I would send them away.


But they were great. And now I see that my plans were faulty. One of the leaks is fixed now (it was a hair-line crack in the wall--who knew?). And they will return on Friday to tackle the really mysterious one--if it can be tackled...

No comments:

Post a Comment