Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thinking of Jellyfish

The floors are done, and I only have the threshold to finish. I'm using one of the oak boards that I pulled up from the original kitchen floor, which looked about as pitiful as you can imagine, at least on the surface. After I shaved off about 1/8 inch from the top, it looked as bright and cheerful as a new sapling.

To celebrate, Cheryl and I are in California, visiting with our cool little niece and her parents (also cool), and hanging out in Monterey and Carmel with Cheryl's parents, who have come to play golf at Pebble Beach only to be turned away because the place is so crowded.

Willow is at home, pleased that we are away because she gets to spend time with Lauren, our dog-sitter.

I took a video of jellyfish in the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and then I uploaded it to YouTube. But then I forgot my password and couldn't find the video. Searching on the words "Jellyfish" and "Monterey" I found about a thousand other videos of jellyfish at the aquarium, and this one is almost exactly like mine.


The implications of this are pretty clear. I rarely have an original thought or moment, no matter how I pretend otherwise. Countless other Fred's have Cheryl's in Carmel, with Willows back home. In fact, I'm guessing that several other people are typing these same words at this instant. The internet can be so cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment