Monday, August 23, 2010

Voracious Puppy

Our new CIA puppy came with her own satellite link and 24-hour access to feed from the agency, and who knows what crap they are feeding into her head. Sometimes she gets this far-away look, like she's talking to someone else on a cell phone, but it is doubtless some new training software or puppy propaganda downloading into her cyber-brain.

What she doesn't know is that I can sometimes hack into the feed and catch glimpses of the unencrypted stuff. I know, for example, that her code name is Voracious Puppy and that her training is mostly in physics and in Mandarin Chinese.

She sits in my office in the morning, moving her lips and (I'm not making this up) saying stuff like Woh Yow Nay Guh, which might just sound like woof woof arf ggrrr, that is, if I didn't already know better. Every once in a while she looks up at me as if to ask a question, but then she just looks away, as if realizing for the first time that I'm too dumb to know anything, anyway.

A picture of Berkeley sitting by my office chair and being good. I had to grab the camera quick.

Willow won't get near the puppy: code name Voracious Puppy--what's that all about, anyway?

Meanwhile, it rains and rains. Vines threaten to consume the trees, bushes, ferns, etc., and I run out now and then to strangle one of them. Obama calls me non-stop, but there's just too much to do. Why not call the puppy, I feel like telling him, if she's so smart?...

No comments:

Post a Comment