Saturday, March 12, 2011

Black Curtains

After several days of fussing and tweaking and aligning the wall studs so that the tiled walls will be more or less square, I finally said enough and I stapled up the vapor barrier, which is solid black and disconcerting in its lack of geometry--I had grown accustomed to and fond of the grid of wall studs, despite their imprecise alignment. Now I can't tinker with them any more. Sigh.

A log cabin might be nice for just this reason; just to sit and contemplate the rows of logs and mortar on the interior walls, stretching around and around. Why did this ever go out of fashion? (People are weird.)

Next I'll put up the backer board, though not today because I want a nap instead. These sad black curtains have sapped my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment